Friday, February 24, 2012

Oh Scrap!? Let's Throwdown some Color!!

I purchased this cute Digi Stamp from Whimsie Doodles ( I think the fish are soo adorable!!) and when I saw the colors in the Color Throwdown Challenge I thought it was the perfect time to dig out some scraps and make a card for both Color Throwdown and Whimsie Doodles February Challenge Oh Scrap!
With the circle shape and the roughly gathered sheer white ribbon around it, it gives the feeling that they are hanging out in a fish bowl, happy to "Sea" each other while out for a swim =)  (I wonder if fish drink coffee... ; ))
I layered gray and yellow cardstock,
(the yellow roughly torn at the edges), then cut circles from orange and blue scraps.  I added sheer white ribbon and 3 tiny white brads at two of the corners.  All paper and embellishments are Close to My Heart.  The Digi stamp is Whimsie Doodles colored in with Tombow markers.

Thanks for stopping by!!

10 comments:

  1. What a fab, fun card! Those fish are so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally this is adorable! That little fish digi is one of my favourite WD images. Love how you framed it here with the fabric. So glad you could play along with us at Whimsie Doodles this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh SCRAP - I love what you did with this card - that gathered ribbon is just terrific!!

    Thanks so much for playin' along with us for the February “OH SCRAP” Challenge at Whimsie Doodles
    We hope you'll join us again soon! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card! Love those fish and the pretty ribbon around the circle. The colors show so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEEK! That is SO fun and just so pretty, too! I LOVE your blog banner, too, by the way! Thanks for playing along with us for the Whimsie Doodles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim - I was visiting a friend in NH last weekend, making some cards. She loves photography and was shooting away while I was crafting - next thing I knew, a new banner was born =)

      Sally

      Delete
  6. Oh so soft and sweet - what a cute way to use the image!!! So glad you joined us for the Whimsie Doodle challange this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! Love the ruffled border around the image panel. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL! Love the ribbon around the image and the torn edges are great! Love the coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsie Doodles' "Oh Scrap" Challenge.

    Marlene
    Whimsie Doodles DT

    ReplyDelete