Saturday, March 24, 2012

Better With You...

Here it is Saturday again already!!  I made it just in time to post this card for the CR84FN Color Challenge.  I love this Challenge!!  The colors of course made me think of Dunkin' Donuts so I went with a coffee themed card.  Those of you who know me well, know that I love my coffee.  In fact, I'm drinking a cup of my nephew's coffee right now (Map 40 Mokha Java, my current favorite... oh, and his Chickadee DeCaf is the best Decaf out there!!).  He has an organic coffee business.  Personally wood fire roasts his coffee beans in Maine.  For all you coffee enthusiasts, check out his website Matt's Coffee ... tell him Auntie Sal sent you.  Now, back to the card.  I used Recollections paper and Verve stamps from the set Better With You.  I used CtMH Blush for the sentiment and Black for the cup.  The cup is colored in with Tombow markers and both are attached with Pop Dots.  The card is finished off with a bright orange polka dot grosgrain ribbon.
Now isn't a cup of coffee always better when you are joined by a friend?

4 comments:

  1. What a fun card Sally! Love the pretty gingham bow! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, Dunkin' Doughnuts??!!! Now you have put that thought in my head and it's just so TRUE! So the coffe theme is just perfect in my book! LOVE how you popped the cup, the steam, and the sentiment! CUTE card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a fellow coffee lover, I think this is a super card! I didn't know that these are pretty much the colours of Dunkin' Donuts. It's a really fun card! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pink and the Orange are DD colors... (the yellow only if a Lemon Donut is ordered with that coffee =)

      Delete