Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Deconstructed Throwdown...

A quick post before much needed sleeeeep...  Couldn't wait to make this card tonight.  I'm using the sketch from The Deconstructed Sketch Blog and the color challenge over at The Color Throwdown.  I went with the inspiration of the picture as well.  This paper seems to be my go to pad right now.  It's Authentique 6x6 Bundle - Fresh.  Love, love the beachy feel!  The image is from the Sweet Stop.  Inside the card I used a sentiment stamp from CtMH "One today is worth Two tomorrows - Ben Franklin".  This sentiment is perfect for the person I am making the card for.  The image is colored with Copics and the card is simply embellished with red Baker's Twine.  I debated adding more embellishments, but decided I liked the simplicity of the design.  
Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card!! Love the colors and super fun beach scene. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Deconstructed Sketch this week!!
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little beach scene! Great use of the colors...I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/06/52-card-pickup-week-22.html

    ReplyDelete