Wednesday, December 17, 2014

SSW2 and Digi Stamp Boutique

Welcome friends!!  One week and it's Christmas!!  Are you ready...?  I do have a lot to do (putting up the tree would be nice...), but in the midst of all the Christmas bustle, shopping, wrapping, work... I am keeping the true meaning of Christmas first and foremost in my thoughts, the birth of Jesus!!  So thankful for this beautiful time of year and for the many reminders of why we celebrate...  because of that, I am ready!!

Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 has a definite Christmas feel this week with so many wonderful Christmas cards created by the Design Team.  We have Sally-Ann of Digi Stamp Boutique as our Sponsor this week.  She has the most wonderful Christmas images as well as images for any occasion!!  I just love to browse through her shop.  I do hope you will visit and do the same =)

Here is this week's Sketch...



Even the Sketch has a Christmas feel to it!!

                               
and...  here is my card using "Cheeky Monkey Christmas"


I'll tell you a little secret...  I have been so busy, and am getting over a sinus infection which was with me for too many weeks and left me just exhausted.  Well, I got up early this morning, put my card together, but because my lap top died, I couldn't print the image until I got to work.  So, I brought along some nice sharp scissors, some Copics and finished my card at work.  Well, what I forgot was to bring an appropriate marker for the little penguin's geek and feet...  so, Sharpie hi-liter's to the rescue.  I can't say I love the bright orange, but I am glad I was able to get my card finished and posted and No ONE will miss that little penguin!!

Well, that's it for this week's post, I so appreciate each and everyone of you that stops by!!

Blessings to you!!





8 comments:

  1. I can not believe how quickly Christmas is coming. I think I am ready. I have the awful feeling I am forgetting something!
    Your card is adorable, Love the cute out image and cute buttons. Have a super week.
    Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have noticed his highlighter feet had you not said anything. He's cute and you were sure thinking outside your box figuring out a solution! Love that image. Great card Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the highlighter feet at least they will stand out in the white snow LOL. I love your card it's super cute and I love how you cut out the image and your button embellishments are perfect. Wishing you a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little guy is so cute and just perfect for Christmas. I always love it when images are cut out and mounted on other papers. Super cute!!
    Merry Christmas!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sally, I hope you are doing much, much better and will be able to enjoy the Christmas week ahead! It's no fun being ill! I love your little Cheeky Monkey Christmas! Love the bright orange!!!! So happy I was able to play along this week! Have a very Merry Christmas!
    Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure hope you're feeling more like yourself everyday! Love your adorable card! That monkey is the cutest!! Love the buttons too. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Sally! Love the orange highlighter on the penguin and your fun story about it. I like the matching image panel and background - makes the penguin cheeky monkey stand out. Hope you're enjoying the holidays with those adorable grandchildren! Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sally, Wishing you a blessed and Happy New Year!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete